You can apply for and manage any AGCO licence, endorsement or permit, including those described in this guide, online, through the iAGCO portal.
Note: You should allow at least eight weeks to get a licence. However, the process can take longer if your application is incomplete or inaccurate.
Fees and payment
- Please refer to the AGCO’s Fee Schedule for the applicable fee.
- When using online services, payments must be made by Visa, MasterCard or Interac Online.
- Payments of $30,000 or more must be made by money wire transfer or electronic funds transfer (EFT). For more information please contact AGCO Customer Service at 416-326-8700 or 1-800-522-2876.
- All application fees must be received by the AGCO before an application will be processed
- All fees are non-refundable.
The application process
You will be contacted if additional information is required.
If there are no problems with your application or the liquor delivery service, your application will likely be approved.
If there is a concern about you or the past operation of the liquor delivery service, you may be requested to attend a meeting (or a conference call). In this case, AGCO staff will schedule the appointment or conference call and will inform you of the date, place and time. After this meeting staff will either:
- recommend approval of the application
- reserve the decision to a later date
- recommend a Notice of Proposal be issued to refuse the application
Note: If the Registrar proposes to refuse your application, you are entitled to a hearing before the Licence Appeal Tribunal (LAT). LAT will provide you with more information about the hearing process.
Issuing the licence
Once the Registrar receives all the required fee and information and is satisfied that your liquor delivery service conforms with the LLCA and its regulations, your application will be approved.
The written confirmation that your licence application has been reviewed will also state whether or not the AGCO needs any other information. Proof of transfer confirming that your purchase of the business has been finalized must be submitted. The Registrar will then issue your licence.