What is a “Tied House” Liquor Sales Licence?
A “Tied House” for a distillery permits a restaurant/establishment that shares a municipal or property address with the manufacturing site, where the manufacturer’s products may be “showcased” on their own or in conjunction with other brands and types of liquor. The licensed premises is exempt from the requirement of having to sell a variety of brands but must provide for the full sale and service of liquor and food within the licensed premises.
How to apply
All alcohol-related transactions with the AGCO must be completed online through the iAGCO web-based portal. All transactions are offered online only.
Fees and Payment
- Please refer to the AGCO’s Application Fee Schedule for the applicable fee.
- When using online services, payments must be made by Visa, MasterCard, Interac Online, Visa Debit or MasterCard Debit.
- Payments of $30,000 or more must be made by money wire transfer or electronic funds transfer. Please note that cheques and cash are not accepted as forms of payment when using iAGCO online services. For more information please contact AGCO Customer Service at 416-326-8700 or 1-800-522-2876.
- All application fees must be received by the AGCO before an application will be processed.
- All fees are non-refundable.
Other information for Manufacturers
If a manufacturer has a retail store on the manufacturing site and there is a Tied House that shares a municipal or property address with the manufacturing site, the licensee may bring sealed, unopened liquor purchased from the retail store onto the licensed premises for the purposes of selling it to a patron. This allows restaurant patrons that wish to purchase product for personal use from the retail store to pay for the product on their restaurant bill.