An Authorization to Sell Eligible Wine, Eligible Spirits or Eligible Beer at a Farmers’ Market allows eligible licensed manufacturers to sell their Ontario wine as defined in subsection 1(1) of the Liquor Licence Act, or apple wine made with 100% Ontario apples or concentrated juice thereof (eligible wine), their Ontario spirits as defined in Regulation 720, or their beer as defined in Regulation 720 of the Liquor Licence Act at an occasional extension of their on-site retail store within a farmers’ market.
Wineries, distilleries or breweries that wish to participate in the program must:
- have a valid AGCO Manufacturer’s licence;
- operate an authorized AGCO on-site winery, distillery or brewery retail store;
- and produce one of the following:
- Ontario wine as defined in in subsection 1(1) of the Liquor Licence Act, or produce apple wine made with 100% Ontario apples or concentrated juice thereof.
- Spirits as set out in Regulation 720 made under the Liquor Licence Act
- Beer as set out in Regulation 720 made under the Liquor Licence Act
Occasional extensions are only permitted to operate within farmers’ markets as defined in Regulation 720:
“A central location at which a group of persons who operate stalls or other food premises meet to sell or offer for sale to consumers products that include, without being restricted to, farm products, baked goods and preserved foods, and at which a substantial number of the persons operating the stalls or other food premises are producers of farm products who are primarily selling or offering for sale their own products.”
Note that the regulation does not authorize the establishment or operation of farmers’ markets at which all or a substantial number of the products sold or offered for sale are one or more of fruit wines, honey wines, maple wines or VQA wines.
For details about the program, including eligibility criteria, compliance requirements and Frequently Asked Questions, see:
- Information Bulletin No. 52: Changes to Alcohol Manufacturer Policies
- Information Bulletin No. 034 − VQA Wine Sales at Farmers’ Markets
- Information Bulletin No. 040 − Changes Regarding Wine and Cider Sales at Farmers’ Markets
- Farmers’ Markets FAQs Frequently Asked Questions
Location of Farmers’ Markets
Please complete all of your alcohol-related transactions with the AGCO online. For more information visit iAGCO Information page.