Under Ontario Regulation 719(56(1)) of the Liquor Licence Act, unless you are transferring the Liquor Sales Licence, you must surrender the licence back to the Registrar when you stop operating your business.

To do this, please submit a Voluntary Surrender of Licence/Authorization. If you do not surrender your licence, a revocation of licence will be noted on your record.

Liquor sales licensed establishments that are closed or are closing temporarily or permanently may transfer open or closed alcohol from one licensed establishment to another, where the licence holder of both licensed establishments is the same, or the licence holders of the licensed establishment are affiliates. To do this, one of the licensees must submit an online notification of the liquor transfer through iAGCO at least 30 days before any transfer of liquor.

Was this page useful?

Please help us improve the AGCO website by responding to this survey