For each type of permit (except tailgate events), you may apply for either a “Sale” or “No Sale” permit depending on how you plan to serve alcohol at your event:

  • A “No Sale” permit is required when:
    • alcohol is served without charge;
    • no money and/or other forms of payment is collected directly or indirectly for alcohol from guests (e.g. through admission charge or ticket sales); and
    • the permit holder absorbs all alcohol costs.
  •  A “Sale Permit” is required for events where money is collected for alcohol through, for example:
    • an admission charge to the event;
    • the sale of alcohol (cash bar) or alcohol tickets sold to people attending the event;
    • the collection of money and/or other forms of payments for alcohol before the event.

Was this page useful?

Please help us improve the AGCO website by responding to this survey