March 2, 2020
Launch of iAGCO online services for the horse racing industry
Providing a quicker, easier, more convenient way to conduct AGCO horse racing-related transactions anytime from anywhere
Horse Racing-Related Transactions
As of March 2, 2020 horse racing licensees will conduct all of their AGCO transactions online through the iAGCO portal. Paper-based applications will no longer be accepted.
All AGCO horse racing-related transactions will now be completed exclusively online, including applications, renewals, amendments and all other related transactions for:
- Horsepersons (e.g. owners, trainers, grooms, jockeys, drivers, association officials, tradespersons, veterinarians)
- Pari-Mutuel Operators
- Claiming Certificates
- Estate/Trust and Stable Licences
- Thoroughbred/Quarter Horse Leases
- Partnership Registrations
Revisions to the Rules of Racing and Fee Schedule and Introduction of Multi-Breed Licensing
To reflect the process changes being implemented with the launch of iAGCO online services, and to reduce regulatory burden and harmonize processes between breeds where possible, the AGCO has revised the Rules of Thoroughbred Racing, the Rules of Standardbred Racing, and the fee schedule for all breeds. For more information, see:
- Information Bulletin No. 76 – Thoroughbred iAGCO Rule Revisions
- Information Bulletin No. 77 – Standardbred iAGCO Rule Revisions
- Information Bulletin No. 78 – Revised Licensing and Administrative Fee Schedule.
In addition, the launch of iAGCO online services includes the introduction of multi-breed licensing,
in select licence categories, which allows applicants to apply for one licence valid across multiple breeds.
Online payment options
When using online services, all payments under $30,000 must be made by Interac Online, Visa or MasterCard (including Visa/MasterCard Debit or pre-paid Visa/MasterCard). Payments of $30,000 or more must be made by money wire transfer or electronic funds transfer.
Note: Cheques and cash (including US dollars) are not accepted as forms of payment when using iAGCO online services.
iAGCO online services for horse racing licensees
- You will conduct all of your horse racing-related transactions online using the iAGCO portal.
- For everyone with a current licence, the AGCO will send you an online access code 60 days before your current licence/registration expires. The access code will be mailed to the address you most recently provided the AGCO. If you have changed address, please call the AGCO to update your contact information.
- Once you have created your iAGCO account, use the online access code to link information already on file and go online to conduct all of your AGCO-related transactions. Photos or signatures are no longer required for printed registration certificates.
- Once approved, you will receive your licence/registration by email, and you will be able to print it yourself.
- You can reuse your information for all your future applications, amendments and renewals once it has been saved. You only need to update that information when changes occur.
More online services to come
The AGCO launched its first phase of online services in May 2017 for Special Occasion Permit applicants and for liquor manufacturers. In January 2018, iAGCO online services launched phase two for all alcohol-related transactions. Ontarians can also submit inquiries and comments online through the iAGCO portal. In November 2018, the AGCO launched online services for lottery and gaming registrants, and then for cannabis retail licensees in December 2018.
Future iAGCO phases will include online services for electronic gaming equipment and charitable gaming licenses.
When fully implemented, all those who are regulated by the AGCO will conduct all of their AGCO-related transactions online.
The AGCO’s move towards online service delivery is part of its ongoing efforts to modernize services and provide a quality service experience. Customers who have already used iAGCO in previous phases have been overwhelmingly satisfied with its ease of use and functionality, with a 93% satisfaction rate.
If you have any questions, AGCO Customer Service is available to assist you.