This section outlines the personal and entity disclosure requirements when applying for the following registrations:
- Gaming Assistant
- Trade Union
Affiliate: An organization that directly or indirectly, through one or more intermediaries, controls, is controlled by or is under common control with another organization.
Entity: Includes any corporation, partnership, limited partnership, sole proprietorship, trust, joint venture or other form of business association.
- an individual who negotiates or sets prices on behalf of the applicant with an operator of an Ontario gaming site
- an individual who has signing authority related to the applicant’s business dealings with an Ontario gaming site
- an individual who has or will have ultimate decision-making authority over the applicant’s day-to-day business dealings with an operator of an Ontario gaming site.
Shareholder: An individual or entity that holds ownership through shares in a corporation.
Subsidiary: A corporation controlled by another corporation.
Personal Disclosure Requirements
Personal Disclosure information must be provided by all of the following persons:
- An individual who is applying for registration as a Gaming Assistant.
- An individual associated with a Seller who currently oversees the sale of break open tickets and/or OLG products, including:
- sole proprietor
- partners of the partnership
- general partner(s) of the limited partnership
- officer(s), director(s) and/or shareholder(s) of the corporation
- board member(s) of the association
- Any of the following individuals associated with a Supplier that is applying for registration:
- A sole proprietor (in the case of an applicant that is a sole proprietor)
- A partner (in the case of an applicant that is a partnership)
- An officer or director of an applicant corporation and/or any parent or holding corporations
- A shareholder holding 5% or more of any shares of an applicant corporation
- A trustee and beneficiary of any trusts that hold any shares or interest in an applicant and/or its parent or holding corporations
- A principal employee, as defined in the Definitions section above.
- An individual who performs any of the following functions as part of a Trade Union:
- Negotiates or administers a collective agreement which governs the wages, hours, working conditions or conditions of employment of any casino or slot machine facility (i.e. racetrack) employee in Ontario
- Grievance representation
- Solicits, collects or receives any dues, assessments, levies, fines, contributions or other charges within Ontario for or on behalf of the trade union from any Ontario casino or slot machine facility employees
- Acts as an officer, member of the governing body, business agent or in any other policy-making or supervisory position in the trade union
- For compensation, advises, represents or provides other assistance to a trade union concerning any Ontario casino or slot machine facility employees with respect to those activities listed in a), c) and/or d) above.
Entity Disclosure Requirements
Entity Disclosure information must be provided by all of the following:
- An entity that is applying for registration as a:
- Gaming-Related Supplier
- Non-Gaming-Related Supplier
- A corporate shareholder (including a parent or holding corporation) holding 5% or more of any shares of an applicant corporation
- An entity with an interest in the applicant.
Entity Disclosure is not required for corporations affiliated to an applicant through common ownership and/or subsidiaries of an applicant corporation unless requested by the Registrar.
Entity/individual disclosure information must be provided by applicant corporations and by all corporations directly or indirectly holding 5% or more of shares.