Drivers and riders will:
- Have a licence that renews on your birthday
Drivers and riders must pass a physical exam annually and an eye exam every 2 years as a condition of being an AGCO licensee whether they have a licence with a one-year term or a two-year term.
The AGCO will continue to request medical records but will no longer collect it as part of the licence application process.
Please initiate your application, renewal or submission well in advance of the day you intend to race.
If you are using iAGCO for the first time, see Getting Started with iAGCO before completing any transactions, including applications, renewals and regulatory submissions.
Using iAGCO services, you will conduct all of your horse racing-related transactions online.
- Use an iAGCO account that requires a valid email address (See Getting Started with iAGCO)
- Pay all fees online:
- Methods of payments include Interac Online, Visa or MasterCard (including Visa/MasterCard Debit or pre-paid Visa/MasterCard)
- Cash, cheques (including USD) are not accepted
- Renew your AGCO licence(s) online (see Renewals)
- May have the option to select a one or two-year licence term
- May have the option of being licensed in multiple breeds
- May have multiple secondary licences connected to the same account (see Primary and Secondary Licences)
- See the Horse Racing Licensing/Registration Fees for current fees for each licence type
- Upload signed forms or other documents to complete your submission (See Uploading Documents)
- Submit Changes to an Existing Licence or Registration
- When reporting a change to an existing licence or registration, you must make what is known as a Regulatory Submission or Notification (See Regulatory Submissions)
- Show Proof of a Valid Licence
- To participate in racing in Ontario you must ensure you hold a valid licence (See Renewals)
- Know your AGCO licence number so your licence status can be verified in iAGCO (See How to Look Up a Licence’s Status)
- Be prepared to provide government photo identification to verify your identity (See the list of acceptable photo identifications)
Note: With the launch of iAGCO services, the AGCO no longer issues AGCO horse racing licence cards (licensee photo identification cards) or validation stickers.
- You will no longer be issued a licence prior to completion of standard checks
- Applicants under 18 are required to submit a Parental Consent form. Applicants under 10 may only be licensed as an owner, unless otherwise approved by the AGCO.
- Applicants under 16 will require a Judge/Steward’s approval to obtain a licence.