Responsibilities of a Horse Racing Licence/Registration Holder
For complete details about your legal responsibilities as a licence holder, please refer to the:
- Horse Racing Licence Act and its regulations, available online at www.e-laws.gov.on.ca or by contacting Publications Ontario at 416-326-5300 or toll-free at 1-800-668-9938
- Rules of Standardbred Racing
- Rules of Thoroughbred Racing
Note: No horse will be eligible to race in Ontario unless all parties required to be licensed pursuant to the Rules are in good standing.
Fees and Payment
- Please refer to the AGCO’s Application Fee Schedule for the applicable fee.
- When using online services, all payments under $30,000 must be made by Interac Online, Visa, MasterCard, Visa Debit, MasterCard Debit or pre-paid Visa or MasterCard.
- Payments of $30,000 or more must be made by money wire transfer or electronic funds transfer. Please note that cheques and cash (including USD) are not accepted.
- For more information please contact AGCO Customer Service, Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm (EST), at 416-326-8700 or 1-800-522-2876. You may also submit your inquiry anytime via the iAGCO online portal.
- All fees must be submitted at time of application and are non-refundable.
- Do not misrepresent or omit any material fact(s). Each statement made in your application is subject to verification.
- It is a serious offence to knowingly provide false information on the forms and on any attachments.
- The provision of false, incomplete, or misleading information or the omission of information on the forms or in the documents submitted with your application, or the failure to notify the AGCO of any material changes to this information which occur after an application is filed, may also result in the refusal, suspension or revocation of your Horse Racing Licence.
- If you require assistance with your application, please contact AGCO Customer Service, Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm (EST), at 416-326-8700 or 1-800-522-2876. You may also submit your inquiry anytime via the iAGCO online portal.