Each municipality has the responsibility to investigate any contraventions of the terms and conditions of a licence it issues. A municipality may request the assistance of the local police force or the AGCO.
Municipalities have the authority to:
- investigate suspected contraventions of the terms and conditions of the licensed lottery scheme
- investigate suspected financial and management improprieties of licensed organizations and persons
- conduct audits of licensed organizations.
In addition to the above, the Registrar has the authority to:
- conduct investigations under the Gaming Control Act, 1992
- assist municipalities/local enforcement agencies in any investigation or audit of a licence.