A Bazaar is an event where any combination of the following lotteries may be conducted: a) a raffle not exceeding $50,000 in prizes; (b) a bingo not exceeding $5,500 in prizes; and (c) a maximum of three wheels of fortune with a maximum $2.00 bet.
Only the Registrar may issue a licence to an eligible religious or charitable organization for the following:
- Bazaar events conducted in an unorganized territory
- Bazaar events conducted on Federal land such as Canadian Forces Bases
A municipality may issue a licence to an eligible charitable or religious organization for bazaar events.
For those applying for a municipal licence, contact the local municipality where you intend to hold the event for more detailed information on the application process, licensing fees and required attachments.
- First time applicants should visit the Charitable Lottery Licensing Overview page for information on what’s necessary to determine eligibility
- The licensee must conduct and manage the event in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the licence.
Application Forms, Reports and Terms and Conditions
- Bazaar Licence Terms and Conditions
- Lottery Licence Terms and Conditions
- Application to Manage and Conduct a Lottery Type Scheme at a Bazaar (For use when applying or reporting to a municipality or First Nation with an Order-in-Council)
- Lottery Report (For use when applying or reporting to a municipality or First Nation with an Order-in-Council)