What is Catch the Ace?
A “Catch the Ace” progressive (accumulating jackpot) raffle lottery is a multiple draw game in which participants purchase tickets for a chance to win:
- a percentage of the proceeds from the sale of tickets from one draw and;
- the draw winner also gets a chance to win a progressive (cumulative) jackpot by selecting a new card from a standard deck of 52 playing cards.
- The person who holds the winning ticket selected in each draw has an opportunity to select one playing card from the single deck of 52 playing cards. If the Ace of Spades is selected, in addition to winning a percentage of the proceeds from the draw, the person will win the progressive jackpot.
- If the card selected is not the Ace of Spades, the selected card is removed from the deck and the progressive prize portion of the ticket sales for that draw is rolled over into the progressive jackpot for the next scheduled draw.
- The licensee conducts the scheduled events until the Ace of Spades has been selected and the progressive jackpot has been awarded.
- Tickets are valid only for the draw they are purchased for. Once the draw is complete, the non-winning tickets are removed from the draw container and a new series of tickets will be sold for the next draw.