The Hall Marketing Plan shall be developed jointly by the HCA and the Bingo Hall Owner or Operator forming a Hall Marketing Committee. The Hall Marketing Plan shall be reviewed and revised annually by the Hall Marketing Committee with an emphasis on realistically identifying projected revenues and marketing expenditures as market circumstances change. Hall Marketing Plans must be filed annually with the appropriate licensing authority and the Registrar for the purposes of information and review.
Proposed Hall Marketing Plans will not be subject to an approval process by the Registrar. The Registrar’s review will ensure the plan contains the required elements and is consistent with all applicable Terms and Conditions, Registrar’s Standards, adherence to these Advertising Guidelines and the policies set out in the Lottery Licensing Policy Manual (LLPM). Licensing authorities cannot specifically restrict marketing and Advertising activities for the licensed Charitable Gaming Events that are permitted under these Guidelines.
In the event that a portion of the Hall Marketing Fund is not spent, the HCA and Bingo Hall Owner or Operator must apply for approval to have the remaining money redirected to the revenue split. The application for approval must provide an explanation to the Registrar outlining why spending these monies would not be beneficial (for example due to the closing of a hall). The Registrar will evaluate how to proceed on a case-by-case basis.
Hall Marketing Plan: Required Elements
The following elements are minimum requirements to be included in all Hall Marketing Plans. Hall Marketing Plans will vary based on different markets, hall performance, desired objectives, etc.
- Issues/Situation Analysis - An analysis of the market environment and issues to be managed for the specific hall
- Joint Planning - Evidence of joint planning and co-operation between the representatives of the Bingo Hall Owner or Operator and the HCA
- Strategic Goals and Objectives - Defining and development of Strategic Goals and Objectives to be achieved for the period covered by the plan
- Methodology - Defining and development of the parameters to achieve the stated goals and objectives.
- Specific Marketing Activities - Identification of specific marketing activities to be implemented that intend to achieve the stated goals and objectives and are more specific than the parameters
- Cost Analysis - Cost analysis outlining projected revenues and marketing expenditures for the period covered by the plan
- Controls - Identify the elements intended to be measured to support the assessment of outcomes
- Evaluation of results and impact - Applying the measurements and assessing the outcome to determine if the intended goals and objectives have been achieved
- Expectation - The results sought as a result of the implementation of specific marketing activities
- Next Steps - identifying the points for assessment and options considered for necessary changes/revisions to the Hall Marketing Plan
Hall Marketing Plan: Process Requirements
- Joint development between HCA and Hall Operator of the Plan through the Hall Marketing Committee with joint sign-off by both the HCA executive and Bingo Hall Owner or Operator
- Revision and review of the plan by the Hall Marketing Committee occurring at least once a year
- Filing of the Plan annually with the Registrar and licensing authority for information and review for consistency with all applicable Terms and Conditions, Registrar’s Standards and adherence to these Advertising Guidelines and the LLPM
- Filing of any cross-marketing initiatives that may involve more than one bingo hall within a municipality or First Nations territory, which may also occur across municipal and First Nations boundaries with the Registrar and licensing authority for review.