The OLG offers an internet gaming site, which is the only online casino that is regulated by the province and the AGCO. The site includes interactive casino-style games including slots and table games such as Blackjack, Baccarat, Poker and Roulette, and offers the ability to purchase Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) lottery tickets online.
The AGCO’s overarching regulatory objective is to ensure that the OLG’s internet gaming platform is operated within the law and with honesty and integrity and in the broader public interest.
As part of the AGCO’s regulatory responsibilities in this respect, the AGCO conducts eligibility assessments on those looking to work in or supply goods or services to Ontario’s gaming industry to determine if applicants are suitable for registration under the Gaming Control Act, 1992.
There are five classes of registration that apply to those who work in or supply the internet gaming sector in Ontario:
- Operators – commercial gaming site operators in Ontario
- Gaming-related suppliers – suppliers that provide, install, test, maintain or repair gaming equipment or who provide consulting or similar services directly related to the playing of a lottery scheme or the operation of a gaming site
- Non-gaming related suppliers – suppliers that provide goods or services that relate to the construction, furnishing, repair, maintenance or business but that, in the opinion of the Registrar, are not directly related to the playing of a lottery scheme or the operation of a gaming site
- Category 1 Gaming Assistants – employees who exercise a significant level of decision-making authority or who have significant supervisory or training responsibility
- Category 2 Gaming Assistants – who do not exercise a significant level of decision-making authority or have significant supervisory or training responsibilities
This portal is intended for those applying to become or are already registered as either a Gaming-Related Supplier or Non-Gaming Related Supplier.
You will complete all of your lottery-related transactions online. For more information, please visit the iAGCO Information page.
Use the resources below to help you apply for registration or to better understand your obligations as a registrant in the internet gaming sector.