The OLG offers an internet gaming site (“PlayOLG”), which is the only online casino that is regulated by the province and the AGCO. The site includes interactive casino-style games including slots and table games such as Blackjack, Baccarat, Poker and Roulette, and offers the ability to purchase Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) lottery tickets online.
The AGCO’s overarching regulatory objective is to ensure that the OLG’s internet gaming platform is operated within the law and with honesty and integrity and in the broader public interest.
As part of the AGCO’s regulatory responsibilities in this respect, the AGCO conducts eligibility assessments on those looking to work in or supply goods or services to Ontario’s gaming industry to determine if applicants are suitable for registration under the Gaming Control Act, 1992.
There are five classes of registration that apply to those who work in or supply the internet gaming sector in Ontario:
- Operators – private sector operators of gaming sites
- Gaming-related suppliers – suppliers of gaming-related equipment or services in relation to internet gaming
- Non-gaming related suppliers – suppliers of non-gaming related equipment or services in relation to internet gaming (if they provide over $750,000 of goods and services per year to the OLG and/or other gaming operators)
- Category 1 Gaming Assistants – employees who exercise a significant level of decision-making authority or who have significant supervisory or training responsibility with respect to internet gaming
- Category 2 Gaming Assistants – any other employees who have a role in the conduct, management or operation of the games or in the operation of the site (but who do not exercise significant decision-making authority/supervisory/training responsibilities)
This portal is intended for those applying to become or are already registered as either a Gaming-Related Supplier or Non-Gaming Related Supplier.
Use the forms and resources below to help you apply for registration or to better understand your obligations as a registrant in the internet gaming sector.