Responsible gambling is a key priority of the AGCO and central to protecting the interest of Ontarians.
The AGCO’s responsible gambling measures are intended to protect players and vulnerable people including youth and self-excluded players.
The AGCO has developed standards that all registered Operators are required to meet. These standards cover the following areas related to responsible gambling:
- Policies and Culture
- Marketing and Advertising
- Supporting Informed Decision Making
- Identifying and Assisting Individuals Who May Be Experiencing Harm
- Employee Training
- Self-Exclusion and Breaks in Play
- Game Design and Features
- Limit Setting Features
Responsible Gambling Resources
View the resources below to help keep gambling safe and fun.
- Responsible Gambling Council (RGC)
The RGC helps individuals avoid gambling problems and take action when problems arise.
- OLG’s PlaySmart
PlaySmart provides information for players to make smart choices and keep the fun in the game.
- Connex Ontario
Offers information and referral services focusing on mental health, addiction and problem gambling community services across the province. Available via telephone, email or online chat 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
- Gambling, Gaming and Technology Use (Centre for Addiction and Mental Health)
Specializes in problem gambling treatment and provides information on problem gambling self-help tools and how to help a family member or friend.
- Lower-Risk Gambling Guidelines (from the Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction)
Follow these three Guidelines to reduce the risk of experiencing harm from gambling.