Relevant Standard(s): 10.29
Is a continuous play functionality (for example, a player holding down the space bar will start the next game after the previous one is finished) on the online games permitted?
- Is this functionality permitted in Ontario?
- If this is possible, is it possible to increase the game speed during the continuous play mode?
- If the functionality isn’t permissible in Ontario, would it be possible to have it available on the game/platform, but disabling it during the configuration of the game/platform?
A continuous play functionality as described is not permitted; however, it is permissible to have the functionality available on the game/platform, provided that it is disabled. In such situations, there should be controls in place to ensure that the feature is not inadvertently activated.
Relevant Standard Excerpt(s):
10.29 A mechanism shall be in place to ensure that the player retains control of betting where auto-wagering functionality is provided.
Requirements – At a minimum, the auto-wagering functionality shall:
- Enable the player to choose the bet, and either the number of auto-wagering bets or the total amount to be bet.
- Enable the player to stop the auto-wagering regardless of how many auto-wagering bets were initially chosen or how many remain.
- Not override any of the display requirements, e.g. the result of each bet shall be displayed for a reasonable length of time before the next bet commences.
- Enable the player to limit the dollar amount gambled and/or length of play.
- Provide reasonable limits to the length of time auto-wagering can continue.
This interpretation is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The interpretation relates to a specific set of circumstances and the standards, laws and regulations in force at the time the interpretation was issued; however, it is not an exhaustive or definitive interpretation of the standard(s) referenced herein.
The AGCO has established the Standards Interpretation Protocol, which acts as a single point of contact for inquiries from the gaming industry related to the interpretation of the Standards. For more information, please contact the AGCO’s Customer Service Department at 416 326-8700 (in the GTA) or 1 800 522-2876 (toll free in Ontario).