The following is a list of Expression of Interest Applications that were disqualified from the Lottery:
The Expression of Interest Applications listed above were disqualified under one or more of the following Allocation Lottery Rules:
- Rule 4: The following may not submit an Expression of Interest Application:
- The holder of a cultivation, processing or nursery licence issued by Health Canada under the Cannabis Act (federal) or the Affiliate of the holder of a cultivation, processing or nursery licence issued by Health Canada under the Cannabis Act (federal);
- The holder of a Retail Store Authorization or an Affiliate of the holder of a Retail Store Authorization in Ontario;
- Persons who are on the selected list for the first cannabis lottery or who have been selected for a cannabis retail store to be located on a First Nations reserve;
- Persons who are not legally permitted to operate a business in Ontario;
- Employees and board members of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario;
- Employees and board members of the Ontario Cannabis Retail Corporation, operating as the Ontario Cannabis Store;
- KPMG LLP, its partners and employees; and,
- Gaming Laboratories International LLC, its employees, owners, and/or board members.
- Rule 6: Prospective Applicants or their representatives must create an iAGCO account, if an account has not yet been created, prior to filling out an Expression of Interest Application. An Applicant must submit all Expression of Interest Applications through the same iAGCO account, and not more than one Expression of Interest Application may be submitted per Region from the same iAGCO account.
- Rule 7: If an Applicant wishes to submit an Expression of Interest Application for more than one (1) Region, the Applicant must submit a separate Expression of Interest Application for each Region. For the North Region, an Applicant may submit an Expression of Interest Application for only one of the five (5) listed cities within that Region. The requirements set out in Rule 8 apply to each Expression of Interest Application.
- Rule 10: An Applicant who submits more than one Expression of Interest Application for the same Region will be disqualified from the Allocation Process. Additionally, if two Applicants who are Affiliates submit an Expression of Interest Application for the same Region, both Applicants will be disqualified from the Allocation Process.
- Further, as set out in Rule 18, if the Registrar determines that an Applicant has not met the requirements of Ontario Regulation 468/18, or the Allocation Lottery Rules:
- Once an Expression of Interest Application is made, and prior to the Lottery, the Applicant will be disqualified and the Registrar will note this disqualification when the Lottery results are published or
- Once an Applicant is placed on the Selected List, the Applicant will be disqualified. Assuming the $50,000 Standby Letter of Credit has been provided it will be drawn in full, unless the selected Applicant submits a request to the Registrar not to draw down on the Standby Letter of Credit due to extenuating circumstances, and the Registrar agrees to the request. Any pending application for a Retail Operator Licence will be considered abandoned.
- For more information, please refer to the Allocation Lottery Rules and the Allocation Lottery FAQs.
Should you have any further questions, you may submit them to the AGCO directly via the iAGCO online portal.