iAGCO is a web-based portal through which people can access the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario’s online services. iAGCO improves and modernizes the AGCO’s service delivery by offering its customers an easy, convenient and digital way of doing business with the Commission.
Online services were rolled out in phases. The final phase went live on Oct 26, 2020, meaning that all those who are regulated by the AGCO are now able to apply for and manage their licences, permits, authorizations and registrations anytime, from anywhere, through the iAGCO portal. Through their iAGCO account, customers are able to manage their applications and view the status of their files electronically. Customers who have already used iAGCO have been overwhelmingly satisfied with its ease of use and functionality, with a 87% satisfaction rate.
To access services from the iAGCO portal, you must first create an account and login. This feature can be found on the top of the iAGCO portal. Please click ‘Create a New Account.’ Once an account has been made and you are logged in, the portal can be used to apply for and manage any licences, permits, authorizations and registrations that are currently supported by iAGCO.
If you currently have, or have previously held a licence, permit, authorization, and/or registration, you require an access code(s) to connect your new iAGCO account to your existing or previous information on file with the AGCO. The access code allows you to view and manage your licences, permits, authorizations, and/or registrations. First-time applicants to the AGCO do not require an access code.
Please note the following:
- Online Access Codes can only be distributed by the AGCO to certain individuals associated to the legal entity that holds a licence, permit, authorization or registration (e.g., those with authority to bind such as an Officer, Director, or Partners).
- You should only share your access code with individuals responsible for managing your licences, permits, authorizations or registrations (e.g., submitting applications to renew or make changes).
- The iAGCO accounts of Agents or Representatives (including relatives or staff of a legal entity), used to submit new applications on behalf of a legal entity will automatically be linked to the entity’s profile during the processing of the application, in the same way as using an access code.
- A licensee or registrant is responsible for notifying the AGCO when someone’s access to their legal entity profile needs to be revoked.
- Regulatory Reporting access can be granted to an iAGCO account by the AGCO. Please contact the AGCO for more information.
For more information, see the iAGCO Customer Feedback FAQs page.
Please note that Sundays between the hours of 4:00 a.m. – 7:00 a.m. are reserved for system maintenance and users may find the system not available during this time.
Minimum browser requirements
The following browsers support iAGCO:
- Internet Explorer 11 (desktop and mobile)
- Mozilla Firefox 27 and higher
- Desktop Google Chrome 33 and higher
- Google Android 5.0 (Lollipop) OS browser and higher
- Desktop Safari versions 7 and higher for OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) and higher
- Mobile Safari versions 5 and higher for iOS 5 and higher
Online payment options
When using online services, all payments under $30,000 must be made by Visa, MasterCard, Visa Debit or MasterCard Debit.
Payments of $30,000 or more must be made by money wire transfer or electronic funds transfer. Please note that cheques and cash are not accepted as forms of payment when using iAGCO online services.
Check this page often to learn of any iAGCO news and updates.
For Charitable Gaming Lottery Licensees and Electronic Gaming Registrants
For Horse Racing Licensees
For Lottery and Gaming Registrants
For Special Occasion Permit applicants
More iAGCO Online Services for alcohol-related licenses and authorizations