Check the Covid-19 webpage for relevant information regarding the current public health measures under the province’s Roadmap to Reopen affecting each of the AGCO’s regulated sectors.
The AGCO regulates and oversees the 25 slots and casino locations in the province that are conducted and managed by the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG).
The AGCO’s overarching regulatory objective is to ensure that all casino gaming is operated within the law and with honesty and integrity and in the broader public interest.
As part of the AGCO’s regulatory responsibilities in the casino sector, the AGCO conducts eligibility assessments on those looking to work in or supply goods or services to Ontario’s gaming industry to determine if applicants are suitable for registration under the Gaming Control Act, 1992.
There are six classes of registration that apply to those who work in or supply the casino sector in Ontario:
- Operators – commercial gaming site operators in Ontario
- Gaming-related suppliers – suppliers that provide, install, test, maintain or repair gaming equipment or who provide consulting or similar services directly related to the playing of a lottery scheme or the operation of a gaming site
- Non-gaming related suppliers – suppliers that provide goods or services that relate to the construction, furnishing, repair, maintenance or business but that, in the opinion of the Registrar, are not directly related to the playing of a lottery scheme or the operation of a gaming site
- Category 1 Gaming Assistants – employees who exercise a significant level of decision-making authority or who have significant supervisory or training responsibility
- Category 2 Gaming Assistants – employees who do not exercise a significant level of decision-making authority or have significant supervisory or training responsibilities
- Trade unions – organizations that represent registered gaming assistants employed in or at a gaming site
This portal is intended for those applying to become or are already registered as an Operator.
You will complete all of your lottery related transactions with the AGCO online. For more information visit the iAGCO Information page.
Use the resources below to help you apply for registration or to better understand your obligations as a registrant in the casino sector.