Effective January 1, 2023, if you have received municipal or Band Council approval for a temporary outdoor physical extension (temporary patio), you are required to then notify the AGCO before you start selling and serving liquor on this temporary patio.
You will need to tell us:
- The start date that liquor will be sold and served on the temporary patio
- How many months per year you have been approved to operate the temporary patio
- The months that you intend to operate the temporary patio
- The expiry date of your approval (if applicable)
- A description of the location and dimensions of the temporary patio
- Any conditions specified on the approval by the municipality or Band Council
You must also notify us if your approval is suspended or withdrawn, or if the conditions of the approval are changed or added:
- To make the notification you must submit a regulatory submission through your online iAGCO account
- If you do not have an iAGCO account, see the iAGCO Tutorial video: How to create an iAGCO account
How to make a regulatory submission
To make a regulatory submission, go online to the iAGCO portal using your iAGCO account:
Click on the Submit Regulatory Submissions and Notifications link on the Main Menu.
- Select the Regulatory Submission you wish to submit:
- Submit Notification of Your Temporary Outdoor Patio Approved By a Municipality or Band Council
- Submit Changes Related to Your Temporary Outdoor Patio Approved By a Municipality or Band Council
Ensure your licence/endorsement and contact information is up to date. Then indicate your role (Submitter’s Role).
Respond to a series of questions, by providing a response to each question.
Select “upload files” to upload supporting documents that indicate any specified conditions on the approval (if applicable). Then select the document type from the drop-down menu.
Before completing the notification process, you must declare that all information in your submission is true and correct to the best of your knowledge.
Take note of the File Number from the confirmation page or from your email notification, in case you need to reach out to ACGO Customer Service for support. You can also find the file number and summary of your notification under the main menu.