- Complete the Cannabis Monthly Sales Reporting for every calendar month, in compliance with the sales data definitions section and instructions outlined in this document;
- Do not make any modifications to the reporting template. This includes the deletion of rows, the modification of language, the addition of columns or the merging of cells;
- Ensure all data contained in the Cannabis Monthly Sales Reporting spans from 12:01 AM on the first day of the calendar month to 11:59 PM on the last day of the calendar month (for example, a report that is submitted by June 5th must contain Stock Keeping Unit (SKU)-level data for every transaction processed each day from May 1 to May 31);
- Submit a completed Cannabis Monthly Sales Reporting through the iAGCO online portal by 11:59 PM on the 5th day of each calendar month (see submission requirements) regardless of whether there were sales changes that occurred within the calendar month;
- Report products sold each day in Cannabis Monthly Sales Reporting on a per each basis:
- An each is a term used to describe the base unit of a product. For example, if a product is purchased by a retailer as a case that holds 12 units, that case would have a total of 12 eaches. When reporting to the AGCO every month, authorized stores must record and submit their inventory figures in accordance with the total number of eaches having a specific SKU;
- Licensed retail operators must ensure that their licensed cannabis retail store(s) submit a Cannabis Monthly Sales Reporting once their authorization(s) has been issued regardless of their status (e.g., suspended or revoked).
Operators may wish to consider using a point of sale (POS) system that integrates or interfaces with an electronic or software-based perpetual inventory system that tracks all products that an authorized store purchases, stocks or sells.
The guidelines listed below must be followed when calculating values submitted on the monthly Cannabis Monthly Sales Reporting:
- The Cannabis Monthly Sales Reporting details of daily sales and on-hand inventory organized by Ontario Cannabis Store (OCS) Product SKU for both cannabis products and cannabis accessories that are purchased from the OCS.
- Details of daily sales and on-hand inventory organized by Product SKU assigned/used by the retail store for cannabis accessories that are purchased from suppliers other than OCS.
- Licensed retail operators will receive the OCS Product SKU for every product they sell from the OCS as part of a frequently-updated product catalogue. POS and inventory systems in licensed cannabis retail stores should use the Product Barcode/Unique Product Code (UPC) as a secondary identifier.
- Systems should export opening inventory quantities for each Product SKU as of 12:01 am on the first day of the reporting month. Subsequent rows should record Quantities Sold each day alongside their associated Retail Sales Price.
- Enter data into “Markdown Sales Price ($)” and “Quantity Sold - Markdown Units” when a transaction occurs at a price other than its regular retail sales price.
- A licensed cannabis retail store is only required to report and submit information for Product SKUs that it has in its inventory within the given calendar month.
- After opening inventory has been entered, sales data is only required for products that have transactions on a given day within the reporting month.
- Report Product SKUs in the same quantity and measurement of each(es) in which they were purchased;
- In the event that a licensed cannabis retail store does not have a figure to input into the report, input a value of zero (0) into the cell. When reporting opening inventory, enter the value of zero (0) into “Quantity Sold - Regular Units” and “Quantity Sold - Markdown Units”.
- When entering data into the Cannabis Monthly Sales Reporting, special characters (dollar signs, commas, decimal points) may be used in value-related columns but not in unit-related columns;
- Report all dollar amounts in Canadian dollars (CAN$).
Please ensure the File Name follows the format “CRSA#_OCS_MMYY”, where:
CRSA#: Retail Store Authorization Number;
MM: Month; and
Licensed cannabis retail stores must submit their completed reports through the iAGCO online portal on the fifth day of each calendar month. With your consent, the AGCO will share your completed report with the OCS to allow licensed retail operators to meet their reporting obligations under their OCS Retailer Agreement in a more streamlined manner.
Licensed cannabis retail stores who do not consent to sharing their completed report are required to make arrangements to submit this report directly to OCS, by contacting OCS Client Services at 1-877-627-1627. For more information, please consult the OCS Retailer Handbook.
SALES DATA DEFINITIONS
Licensed cannabis retail stores must track and report on all relevant sales transactions for cannabis products and cannabis accessories purchased from the OCS. The Cannabis Monthly Sales Reporting includes data elements associated with cannabis product(s) and cannabis accessories or stock received by, shipped from, or sold by an authorized store.
The following table details the required data elements featured in the Cannabis Monthly Sales Reporting in addition to definitions and formulas:
|Name of Reporting Retail Store||-||Note: Enter this data in the row above the Cannabis Monthly Sales Reporting template table|
|Retail Store Authorization (CRSA) Number||-||Note: Enter this data in the row above the Cannabis Monthly Sales Reporting template table|
|Reporting Period (YYYY-MM)||-||Note: Enter this data in the row above the Cannabis Monthly Sales Reporting template table|
|Date that a transaction for a particular SKU occurred during the calendar month.||-|
The unique “universal product code” assigned to cannabis products and cannabis accessories purchased from the OCS. The authorized store’s system must reference the product barcode provided by the OCS in their perpetual inventory system.
For cannabis accessories purchased from suppliers other than the OCS, this is the unique barcode provided by the supplier as printed in the product label/packaging.
|OCS Product SKU||
The unique product identifier (“stock keeping unit”) assigned to cannabis products or cannabis accessories purchased from the OCS. The authorized store must reference the SKU provided by the OCS in their perpetual inventory system.
For cannabis accessories purchased from suppliers other than the OCS, this is the unique product identifier (“stock keeping unit”) assigned/used by the retail store.
|Retail Sales Price ($)||The regular retail price, net of sales tax, that an authorized store sets for each unit (represented by SKU) that it makes available for sale.||(Retail Sales Price) = (Value assigned to a particular SKU)|
|Quantity Sold - Regular Units||The total number of units sold each day by an authorized store during the calendar month.||(Quantity Sold - Regular Units) = (All eaches of a given SKU sold each day within a calendar month)|
|Markdown Sales Price ($)||The price, net of sales tax, that an authorized store sets for each unit (represented by SKU) that has been discounted/marked down and made available during the calendar month.||(Markdown Sales Price) = (Value assigned to a particular SKU that has been discounted)|
|Quantity Sold - Markdown Units||The total number of units sold each day by an authorized store that it has elected to discount/mark down during the calendar month.||(Quantity Sold - Markdown Units) = (All eaches of a given SKU sold each day within a calendar month that have been discounted or marked down)|
|Retail Sales - Total Value ($)||The total retail value, net of sales tax, of a particular unit (identified by SKU) sold by an authorized store each day during the calendar month.||Sold - Regular Units) * (Retail Sales Price)] + [(Quantity Sold - Markdown Units) * (Markdown Sales Price)]|
|Inventory - Units on Hand||The total number of units on hand for each SKU that an authorized store possesses at the end of each day during the calendar month.||
End of Day Inventory on Hand = (Daily Opening inventory in eaches) – (quantity sold for that day in eaches)
CANNABIS MONTHLY SALES REPORT
A downloadable copy of the Cannabis Monthly Sales Reporting template is available on iAGCO.