The AGCO is responsible for regulating and overseeing licensed lottery events (such as bingo, raffles and the sale of break open tickets) conducted by eligible charitable and religious organizations to raise funds to support charitable purposes.
As part of the AGCO’s regulatory responsibilities in the charitable sector, the AGCO administers, in partnership with municipalities, the regulatory framework governing the issuance of charitable lottery licences.
In addition, the AGCO conducts eligibility assessments on those looking to work in or supply goods or services to Ontario’s gaming industry to determine if applicants are suitable for registration under the Gaming Control Act, 1992.
There are seven classes of registration that apply to those who work in or supply the charitable sector in Ontario:
- Operators – Charitable – 4 or more events per week – owners and operators of a charitable gaming site for 4 or more events in a 7-day period in Ontario
Operators – Charitable – 3 or less events per week – owners and operators of a charitable gaming site for 3 or less events in a 7-day period in Ontario
- Sellers – entities that sell lottery products on behalf of the OLG and/or sell break open tickets on behalf of a charitable lottery licence
- Gaming-related suppliers – suppliers that provide, install, test, maintain or repair gaming equipment or who provide consulting or similar services directly related to the playing of a lottery scheme or the operation of a gaming site
- Category 1 Gaming Assistants – employees who exercise a significant level of decision-making authority or who have significant supervisory or training responsibility
- Category 2 Gaming Assistants – employees who do not exercise a significant level of decision-making authority or have significant supervisory or training responsibilities
- Trade unions – organizations that represent registered gaming assistants employed in or at a gaming site
This portal is intended for those applying to become or are already registered as either a Category 1 or Category 2 Gaming Assistant.
You will complete all of your lottery and gaming-related transactions online. For more information, please visit the iAGCO Information page.
Use the resources below to help you apply for registration or to better understand charitable lottery licensing and/or your obligations as a registrant in the charitable sector.