The overall intent of this theme is to ensure that gaming in Ontario is conducted with honesty and integrity and that players have sufficient information to make informed decisions prior to gaming.
The identified regulatory risks under this theme are:
- Inability to regulate all components.
- Related parties winning at a higher relative percentage than the public.
- Players have insufficient information to make an informed choice.
- Game and system lack integrity.
- Game procedures not followed.
- Game and systems fail.
- Potential compromising of betting markets through activities such as insider betting or game manipulation.