A Social Gaming event is an event where no more than a total of 20 blackjack tables and/or wheels of fortune are operated. The gaming activities must be ancillary or complementary to a social occasion. This may include a dinner or dance sponsored by an applicant, or as approved by the Registrar. The hours of the Social Gaming event must fall within the operating hours of the social occasion and cannot exceed 8 consecutive hours between the hours of 12:00 noon to 2:00 a.m.
A raffle draw may be held in conjunction with the Social Gaming event. Raffles under $5,000 may be applied for on the social gaming event application form. Raffles over $5,000 must be applied for using the raffle application form.
All Social Gaming event licences are issued by the Registrar of Alcohol, Gaming and Racing. The Registrar will not issue a licence to an organization for more than one social gaming event per month.
- First time applicants should visit the Charitable Lottery Licensing Overview page for information on what’s necessary to determine eligibility
- Municipal approval letter (if applicable)
- Copy of print advertising to be used in conjunction with the event
- Sample of the proposed invitation or admittance ticket, including the stub for the social gaming event
- Copy of site contract (i.e., contract between organization and venue where the event will be hosted)
- Appropriate lottery licensing fee payable to the Minister of Finance
- Copy of Registered Gaming Supplier equipment/service invoice and charitable gaming event budget
The licensee must conduct and manage the event in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the licence.