4.20 Where speed of interaction has an effect on the player’s chances of winning, the Operator shall take reasonable steps to ensure the player is not unfairly disadvantaged due to gaming system related performance issues.
4.21 Service interruptions shall be responded to and dealt with in a way that does not disadvantage players. (Also applicable to Gaming-Related Suppliers)
Requirements – At a minimum, the gaming system shall:
- Inform players that the speed of connection or processor may have, or appear to have, an effect on the game;
- Recover from failures that cause interruptions to the game in a timely fashion;
- Where appropriate, void bets;
- Retain sufficient information to be able to restore events to their pre-failure state, if possible;
- Pay players the amount won up to that point, or return bets to players where a game cannot be continued after a service interruption, whichever is the better outcome for the player.