Generally, all alcohol must be purchased in Ontario through a government store or a store authorized under clause 3(1)(e) of the Liquor Control Act. These include any LCBO store, LCBO Agency store, The Beer Store, or any authorized manufacturer’s retail store. Some exceptions for purchasing alcohol under the permit apply. Please see relevant sections of this guide for more information.

Applicants should contact the Canada Revenue Agency for information concerning any collection of Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) or other obligations they may have relating to the HST and the sale of alcohol under the permit.

The permit and product receipts for all alcohol products purchased under the permit must be readily available during the SOP event for presentation upon request at the event by AGCO Compliance Officials.

Was this page useful?

Please help us improve the AGCO website by responding to this survey