2.12 Employees shall understand the importance of responsible gambling and how their jobs impact player protection as well as the fundamental concepts of responsible gambling and problem gambling.
Requirements – At a minimum:
- All employees shall receive mandatory training which is refreshed regularly, to include current best practice research and employee feedback.
- All employees who interact with players shall receive training in a program designed to identify and respond appropriately to players who may be showing signs of problem gambling and to assist players who may be experiencing harm from gaming.
- Training for managers and staff for responsible gambling policies and procedures should be in addition to any training on the control activities. These training programs should be regularly evaluated to include current best practice research and employee feedback.
- Employees shall understand the operator’s commitment to responsible gambling and how it is integrated throughout operations.
- Employees shall understand the harms associated with gaming as well as essential prevention and mitigation concepts.