All agents or representatives of foreign beverage alcohol manufacturers and all agents or representatives under contract with a domestic manufacturer must be licensed by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO).  Employees of domestic manufacturers do not require a licence.

A manufacturer´s representative´s licence authorizes you to canvas for, receive, or solicit orders for the sale of beverage alcohol products.  The licence does not allow the agent or representative to sell alcohol products directly to the public or to the Liquor Control Board of Ontario, or to import them directly. Beverage alcohol products must be imported through the LCBO only.

If the applicant is a corporation, partnership or sole proprietorship, its business trade (operating) name must be registered with the Companies and Personal Property Security Branch. Also note that corporations must file updated information with respect to officers and directors of a corporation with the Companies and Personal Property Security Branch on a regular basis. For information and forms, please see the, Central Forms Repository. Forms must be forwarded to Companies and Personal Property Security Branch for processing.



All alcohol-related transactions with the AGCO can now be completed online through the iAGCO web-based portal.

New licence term options are now available when applying for and renewing licences Licensees are now able to select a two or four year term duration, with fees payable to match the length of the term. For a description of the new fee structure, please visit the Alcohol Licensing Fees page.

If your licence to represent a manufacturer has expired, you must complete and submit a new licence to represent a manufacturer application. This will result in you receiving a new licence number.

Was this page useful?

Please help us improve the AGCO website by responding to this survey