As previously announced, effective April 6, 2021, the AGCO will implement a number of rule changes to the Thoroughbred and Standardbred Rules of Racing, following consultation with horseperson representatives and racetrack management staff from across Ontario.
The rule changes are to both the Standardbred and Thoroughbred Rules of Racing (Thoroughbred Rule changes apply to Quarter Horse racing except where noted).
For a description of the changes to each breed’s set of Rules, please see:
- Information Bulletin: Thoroughbred Rule Revisions (Winter 2021)
- Information Bulletin: Standardbred Rule Revisions (Winter 2021)
Please note that while the information in these bulletins provides a summary for your convenience, it remains the responsibility of all licensees to read and follow the up-to-date Rules as published online.
As part of its commitment to integrity, fairness and the welfare of racing participants, the AGCO continually monitors and evaluates the impact of all changes to the Rules.
For More Information
- Refer to the Race Day Contact List to connect with AGCO racing staff at an open racetrack
- To inquire about submitting or registering colours, please contact the Association race office at the racetrack(s) where you intend to race
- Contact AGCO anytime via the iAGCO online portal
- Call AGCO Customer Service Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (ET) at 416-326-8700 or toll free in Ontario at 1-800-522-2876