2.1 A secure, high-resolution surveillance system must be in place at all times.
Requirements - At a minimum:
- cameras and lighting must be positioned to clearly capture 24 hour coverage of the interior of the premises and immediately outside the premises, including the:
- Entrances and exits, including where IDs are checked
- Pick up area(s) for cannabis purchased online or by telephone
- Point of sale area(s)
- Receiving area(s)
- Sales floor area(s)
- Cannabis storage area(s).
- video recordings must be made and retained for a minimum of 30 days and be made available to the AGCO upon request
- the Licensee must ensure that the surveillance system is functioning properly at all times.
- the Licensee must ensure that the distribution of cannabis in an area immediately adjacent to the store (i.e., curbside pick-up) is clearly captured by the premises’ surveillance system. [Amended: March 2022]
2.2 All cannabis must be stored securely at all times and be accessible only by staff from receipt of product to point of sale, destruction, or return to the Ontario Cannabis Retail Corporation (OCRC) or the Licensed Producer.
2.3 Any cannabis that is outdated, recalled, damaged, deteriorated, misbranded, adulterated, returned, or otherwise ineligible to be sold must be kept separate from other cannabis.
2.4 All points of access to the premises must be secure and protected against unauthorized access.
2.5 Licensees must ensure that cannabis and accessories are not visible from the exterior of the premises.
2.6 Licensees may use sensory display containers to allow patrons to see and smell cannabis. Sensory display containers must be locked and tamper-proof to prevent patrons from touching the cannabis, and must not be able to be removed from the premises.
2.7 The cannabis used in the sensory display containers must be purchased by the Licensed Retail Operator from the retail store’s inventory through the point-of-sale system.