A. Manufacturer’s Retail Stores
The following non-liquor products may be sold at an on-site manufacturer retail store:
- Items used for storing, opening, carrying and serving beverage alcohol;
- Books, magazines and other media related to: (i) food and beverage and (ii) local history, art and tourism;
- Clothing and accessories which display the manufacturer’s branding;
- Locally-produced artisanal products;
- “Locally-produced” means “produced in the Province of Ontario”
- “Artisanal products” means “products produced in limited quantities using traditional methods”
- Dealcoholized wine and beer produced by the manufacturer;
- Tickets for public events taking place in the community;
- Gift cards and certificates for the purchase of the manufacturer’s goods and services.
The manufacturer must ensure that:
- It does not offer for sale any products that promote immoderate or high-risk consumption of alcohol or specifically target people under the legal drinking age; and
- The amount of non-liquor products made available for sale at any one time does not constitute a substantial amount of all products made available for sale in the store.
B. Brewers Retail Inc.
Additional products that will be permitted to be sold at all current locations of Brewers Retail Inc. (BRI) Stores:
- Tank tops
- Night shirts
- Bar ware*
- Draught Supplies*
- Beverage holders*
- Car sunshades
- Reusable ice*
- Salt and pepper sets
- Playing cards
- Key chains/FOBs
- Patio lights
*These items are “associated products” and are generally not branded. All other items are branded.