As the industry prepares for the resumption of racing, the AGCO would like to provide an update to trainers, assistant trainers, owners and veterinarians looking to add a horse to the Exercise Induced Pulmonary Haemorrhage (EIPH) Program in Ontario.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and in support of the industry as it prepares for the resumption of racing, the AGCO has temporarily changed the process of how to add a horse to the EIPH Program in Ontario.
Until July 1, 2020, the AGCO will accept horse racing licensees’ submissions to add or remove a horse to the EIPH Program via email to email@example.com.
How to make an EIPH Regulatory Submission to add/remove a horse to/from the EIPH Program in Ontario by email (until July 1, 2020)
1. Prepare to send your EIPH Program submission via email to vetclerks@AGCO.ca
- Complete and sign (digitally or by hand) the 2-page EIPH Program Authorization Form for each horse you are looking to add to the EIPH program.
- Attach the completed form to an email. If completing or signing by hand, you can either scan or take a photo of the form. NOTE: Faxes will not be accepted.
2. The AGCO will confirm receipt of your email to enroll/remove the horse in the EIPH program and will send you an email to:
- confirm that the horse has been successfully enrolled/removed in the EIPH program
- provide any additional details (e.g., horse name, eligible racing date)
- deny your submission and state the reason why (e.g., additional information required, etc.)
NOTE: After July 1, 2020, the AGCO will once again only accept EIPH Program submissions online through the iAGCO portal at www.agco.ca/iAGCO. We encourage you to be proactive and log onto iAGCO prior to July 1, 2020 so you are familiar with the process.
For information on how to make an EIPH Regulatory Submission to add/remove a horse to/from the EIPH Program in Ontario through the iAGCO portal, please see the May 22, 2020 Industry Notice: Adding a Horse to the EIPH Program in Ontario.
- Licensing Agents can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Veterinary Clerks can also be reached by email at
- Stay up to date by following AGCO Racing on Twitter @AGCO_Racing and visiting the AGCO COVID-19 Updates page