In addition to the general raffle lottery licensing policies set out in Section 5.1.1, the following policies apply to raffle licences issued by the Registrar:
- The applicant organization must notify the municipality in which the organization is based when obtaining a raffle licence issued by the Registrar.
- In the case of an incomplete application, the licensing official will notify the applicant of the deficiencies in the application and request all the required documents.
- If an applicant intends to award prizes of one million dollars or more, the application must also include:
- a summary of the applicant’s experience in conducting and managing raffle lotteries.
- a business plan
- a budget
- a ticket sales plan, including an explanation of how credit card and debit card sales as well as dishonoured cheques will be handled.
- If a licensee wishes to sell provincially licensed tickets from an established point of sale or door-to- door in more than one municipality, it must send a letter of notification and copies of the licence and the licence application to each municipality in which it proposes to sell tickets.